Academy of Aviation Blog

F-1 Visa Commercial Pilot plus Flight Instructor Programs

Academy of Aviation is fully approved to issue the F-1 Visa to international students.

Academy of Aviation offers an F-1 Visa Commercial Pilot plus Flight Instructor Program with work opportunity as a US Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) upon successful completion of the program.

Academy of Aviation is approved to issue the F-1 Visa to students embarking on their training for a career as a professional pilot. The program can be extended if needed, and upon completion of your full career flight training program, your F-1 Visa enables you to be eligible to work as a CFI, building hours of flight experience for employment with airlines.

Only a select few flight training academies are authorized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to issue the F-1 Visa.

Complete our application on this page and an AOA admissions specialist will personally contact you and guide you through the visa process.

Academy of Aviation offers both F-1 and M-1 Visa Commercial Pilot Programs.

F-1 Visa

Private Pilot to Certified Flight Instructor Program with 12-month Flight Instructor Position Offer.
Private Pilot to Multi Engine Flight Instructor Program with 23-month Flight Instructor Position Offer.

International students accepted into this program have the opportunity to make the most of their training compared to any other flight school. Choose from three campuses to conduct your flight training, fly portions of your training at each and gain experience Instructing in different air space. Log the necessary flight hours to meet your Civil Aviation Authority’s requirements while earning a paycheck! Experience working as a Flight Instructor in the United States will make you a more competitive candidate for airline hire.

M-1 Visa

Private Pilot to Commercial Multi Engine Pilot Program.
Private Pilot to Commercial Single Engine Pilot Program.
Individual Courses: Instrument Rating, Commercial Multi Engine, Commercial Single Engine, CFI, CFII, MEI
These programs are for students that aren't interested in becoming a Flight Instructor; who only need a Commercial License and minimum hours logged according to their Civil Aviation Authority, or are only interested in a Private Pilot License or individuaL Courses.

F-1 and M-1: What's The Difference?

F1 Visa
The F1 visa is for students attending a full-time degree or academic program at a school approved by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in compliance with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).

M1 Visa
The M1 Visa is for students enrolled in vocational study, or a non-academic program. Flight schools typically offer both vocational and non-vocational programs under one roof.

U.S. F-1 Visas for Flight Training Students
The F-1 Visa is for students pursuing a career as a pilot after completing a professional training program. Our Commercial Pilot plus Flight Instructor Program takes you through your Private Pilot Certificate and progresses through Instrument, Commercial with Multi Engine and through to your Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI) rating. It allows a student to be hired as a paid Flight Instructor with Academy of Aviation (following successful completion of your interview process and job offer) which then allows you to ultimately build your 1,000+ hours of flight time experience; a necessary step towards progressing into a career airline position after leaving Academy of Aviation.

aoa bLOG

Academy of Aviation

Academy of Aviation Locations:


Farmingdale, NY
Republic Airport

White Plains, NY
Westchester County Airport

Charlotte/Gastonia, NC
Gastonia Municipal Airport

Atlanta, GA
Falcon Field