Academy of Aviation is offering some amazing incentives exclusively to currently enrolled Vaughn College students.
We want your training at Academy of Aviation to be an easy and economical decision. Visit our Student Offer page for more information.
New for 2021:
Aerobatic Training &
Upset Recovery Training
Presented by Chief Pilot David
RECOGNIZE, REACT, RECOVER
FOR THE PILOT • FOR OWNERS & OPERATORS
New for 2021:
Discover a different style of aircraft control in our 8KCAB Super Decathlon.
Career and Private Pilot Training
International F-1 Visa Program
Financing is Available Now:
We welcome and teach both career/commercial airline and private recreational flight students at all of our locations.
Want to fly for fun?
Academy of Aviation has locations in Farmingdale and White Plains NY, Charlotte NC and Atlanta GA. You will fly small planes in the same airspace as major flights, and learning to become a pilot in these airspaces will give you the experience and confidence to fly anywhere.
If you are career-minded:
One of the most compelling comparisons between Academy of Aviation and a four-year college is the time/money factor. Unlike a full-time college commitment, we immerse you into the world of pilot training for the full duration of your experience. If you’ve got your heart set on a career as a pilot, our Accelerated Career Pilot Program will put you on a direct course to your goal in much less time, and for less money than a college or university.
Academy of Aviation enables you to train at a flight school recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Academy of Aviation is overseen by the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) which monitors non-degree granting proprietary schools. Academy of Aviation is regarded as a school of excellence as accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
A central distinction between an independent FAA-certified instructor and the Career Pilot track at Academy of Aviation is determined by our ACCSC Accreditation. ACCSC serves as the designated institutional accrediting agency for 700 trade and technical schools that provide quality vocational education to over 150,000 students each year.
As an enrollee of Academy of Aviation's Accelerated Career Pilot Program, we encourage students to apply for a Certified Flight Instructor job upon graduation.
A position as an AOA flight instructor allows you to build experience and flight time; in about 18-22 months, you can build the flight experience required for the ATP Certificate and 1500-hour airline hiring minimums. The Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate is the highest level of aircraft pilot certificate.
• Part 141 curriculum approved at every campus means an absolute interest in training
quality and safety. The ability to utilize Part 141 and Part 61 training on a
course-by-course and "individual student performance" basis allows faster completion and
more hours available to students, if there is a need for additional training for
• Fly every type of aircraft in our fleet during your program, or stick to one or two. We want you to have fun.
• Experience different aerospace by flying each course of your program at a different campus location. Fly a little in upstate and downtown New York, tour the Carolina skies and cruise with the big boys in Atlanta.
• You've worked hard to become a CFI and we're not going to place you behind a desk with a phone to work Admissions or simply teach ground school. We're going to put you to work in the air so you can log your necessary hours to get you to 1500. You can continue to teach and grow with us if the airlines aren't the right fit for you. The airlines aren't the only career option -- Chief Pilots, Designated Pilot Examiners, Operations Managers, Aviation Safety Inspectors are all in demand.
• Academy of Aviation's unique Tuition Reimbursement Program pays down what you’ve borrowed for your loan in addition to any airline tuition reimbursement and bonuses. We do not simply rely on the airlines' participation for their tuition reimbursement.
Search Academy of Aviation:
Academy of Aviation News
Newest Blog Post:What is a Good Flight School? We take a close look at this constant argument in the flight-training world.
- Investing In Our Students
- AOA RTS: Return To Service
- Webinar: Using your VA GI Bill for Flight Training
- New F-1 Visa information for international students.
- Flight School vs. College or University
- June 1, 2020: Welcome back! A message from our President and Founder
- Domestic Travel Rebound
- Fast Data: Flight Tracking as Aviation Recovers and Restarts
- Reopening Resources for Student Pilots
- April 1, 2020: Where we stand during COVID-19.
- March 17, 2020: Modified Academy Plan of Action.
- Looking Ahead at Flight Training After the Covid-19 Outbreak.
- Who's "Learning To Fly in the Carolina Sky?"
- AOA flight student Dr. Dan Herron in a 'New York Magazine: Diary of a Hospital' exclusive.
- April 28, 2020: An Academy of Aviation rep's view of the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds NYC Flyover
- The Gaston Gazette highlights our Top Hawk Cessna.
- Career student Rakesh discusses his journey.
- Textron Aviation names AOA as a winner of the 2020 Top Hawk Program.
- News Home
In The Know:
Recent Student Achievements:
Luke Belvin earns his Instrument Rating and gets an amazing T-shirt in the process at our Atlanta location. #flyaoa
Student Korde Inniss celebrates his First Solo at our Farmingdale location. #flyaoa
Jamil Kariml did his first solo today on a beautiful morning at our Charlotte/Gastonia location. #flyaoa
International Student Zhandaulet Saduakas earns his Private Pilot at our White Plains Location. #flyaoa