New for 2021:
Aerobatic Training &
Upset Recovery Training
Presented by Chief Pilot David
RECOGNIZE, REACT, RECOVER
FOR THE PILOT • FOR OWNERS & OPERATORS
New for 2021:
Discover a different style of aircraft control in our 8KCAB Super Decathlon.
Career and Private Pilot Training
International F-1 Visa Program
Financing is Available Now:
Talk to our admissions and enrollment specialists about financing your flight training at Atlanta Regional Airport/Falcon Field.
We welcome and teach both career/commercial airline and private recreational flight students at all of our locations.
Want to fly for fun?
Academy of Aviation has locations in Farmingdale and White Plains NY, Charlotte NC and Atlanta GA. You will fly small planes in the same airspace as major flights, and learning to become a pilot in these airspaces will give you the experience and confidence to fly anywhere.
If you are career-minded:
One of the most compelling comparisons between Academy of Aviation and a four-year college is the time/money factor. Unlike a full-time college commitment, we immerse you into the world of pilot training for the full duration of your experience. If you’ve got your heart set on a career as a pilot, our Accelerated Career Pilot Program will put you on a direct course to your goal in much less time, and for less money than a college or university.
Academy of Aviation enables you to train at a flight school recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Academy of Aviation is overseen by the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) which monitors non-degree granting proprietary schools. Academy of Aviation is regarded as a school of excellence as accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
A central distinction between an independent FAA-certified instructor and the Career Pilot track at Academy of Aviation is determined by our ACCSC Accreditation. ACCSC serves as the designated institutional accrediting agency for 700 trade and technical schools that provide quality vocational education to over 150,000 students each year.
As an enrollee of Academy of Aviation's Accelerated Career Pilot Program, we encourage students to apply for a Certified Flight Instructor job upon graduation.
A position as an AOA flight instructor allows you to build experience and flight time; in about 18-22 months, you can build the flight experience required for the ATP Certificate and 1500-hour airline hiring minimums. The Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate is the highest level of aircraft pilot certificate.
Search Academy of Aviation:
Academy of Aviation News
- Investing In Our Students
- AOA RTS: Return To Service
- Webinar: Using your VA GI Bill for Flight Training
- New F-1 Visa information for international students.
- Flight School vs. College or University
- June 1, 2020: Welcome back! A message from our President and Founder
- Domestic Travel Rebound
- Fast Data: Flight Tracking as Aviation Recovers and Restarts
- Reopening Resources for Student Pilots
- April 1, 2020: Where we stand during COVID-19.
- March 17, 2020: Modified Academy Plan of Action.
- Looking Ahead at Flight Training After the Covid-19 Outbreak.
- Who's "Learning To Fly in the Carolina Sky?"
- AOA flight student Dr. Dan Herron in a 'New York Magazine: Diary of a Hospital' exclusive.
- April 28, 2020: An Academy of Aviation rep's view of the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds NYC Flyover
- The Gaston Gazette highlights our Top Hawk Cessna.
- Career student Rakesh discusses his journey.
- Textron Aviation names AOA as a winner of the 2020 Top Hawk Program.
- News Home
In The Know:
#STUDYABROAD | F-1 Visa Program
Employment Opportunities for CFIs
Recent Student Achievements:
Career student Louis Onglengco passes his Single-Engine Commercial checkride.
Career student Daniel Fiordalisi passes his Instrument checkride.