Become an Airline Pilot
A Wells Fargo Collegiate® student loan may help you pay for the costs associated with your professional and commercial flight training program.1 Eligible students may receive:
- •No payments until you graduate or leave school2
- •No application, origination, or early repayment fees
- •Competitive fixed or variable interest rate options
- •Funds up to the cost of education minus other financial aid3
- •A quick and easy application process
- •Wells Fargo’s best-in-class service from initial application through the last payment
A cosigner may help you qualify for a private student loan and potentially get a lower interest rate but is not required to apply.
Borrowers may request an aviation internship forbearance that would temporarily postpone monthly payments while completing their flight training hours4. Individuals qualifying for the aviation internship forbearance are able to postpone monthly payments up to 24 months after completing school.
When it comes to financing your education, be sure to look at all of your options – including grants, scholarships, and loans from all sources – and make careful comparisons among all your choices. If you determine that a private student loan is right for you, we can provide loans to help meet the needs of nearly every student.
For more information you can call: 1-877-451-5039.
1. Wells Fargo private student loans are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application/consumer credit agreement, verification of application information and, if applicable, a self-certification form, the school’s certification of loan amount, and the student’s enrollment at a Wells Fargo-participating school.
2. Students are not required to make payments while in school; repayment begins 6 months after you graduate or leave school. The maximum in-school period is 7 years after the date of first disbursement. Interest accrues during any deferment periods, including the in-school period, and is capitalized to the loan upon entering repayment.
3. Loan amount is dependent on the loan product, other financial aid, creditworthiness, and other factors. Aggregate and annual loan limits apply. The cost of attendance is determined and certified by the educational institution.
4. Interest continues to accrue during any forbearance period and will be capitalized to the account upon entering repayment.
We also offer continuing Flight School packages which are eligible for financing if you already have ratings, and those packages are listed below.
Pilot Career Trajectory/Salary Trajectory Detail
Full Career Pilot Course, including:
• Private Pilot
• Instrument Rating
• Single Engine Commercial Pilot Certificate
• Multi-Engine Commercial Rating
• Certified Flight Instructor
• Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Rating
• Multi-Engine Certified Flight Rating
|Tuition for Training||$74,995|
|Written Exams & Checkride Fees||$5,650|
|Misc. Pilot Supplies + Renters Insurance||$1,000|
|Total Requested for Loan||$81,645|
|Total Logged Time||300|
|Single Engine Flight Hours||237|
|Multi Engine Flight Hours||25|
|Simulator (FTC) Hours||38|
|Airline Tuition Reimbursement||Yes|
|Guaranteed Instructor Job||Yes|
All information compared October, 2018