Academy of Aviation is happy to rent aircraft to licensed pilot for both time building and leisure purposes. Before any licensed pilot can rent our airplanes you must first read and sign a copy of our Rules and Regulations.
We fly 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Our office is open 7 days a week from 7:00-19:00.
We have some of the most competitive pricing in New York area for both single engine and multiengine!
Academy of Aviation has recently added Diamond DA42's, DA20's and Brand New Cessna 172's to our fleet.
Please call (631) 777-7772 and talk to our front desk for up to date prices.
For insurance purposes all pilots must ensure their proficiency as follows:
- Licenced pilots with less than one hundred fifty hours total flight time must have acted as pilot-in-command, or completed a currency check on an Academy of Aviation aircraft in the past thirty days.
- Licenced pilots with one hundred fifty hours or more total flight time must have acted as pilot-in-command, or completed a currency check on an Academy of Aviation aircraft within the last sixty days.
- Recreational Pilot Permit holders with less than one hundred and fifty hours total flight time must have acted as pilot-in-command, or completed a currency check on an Academy of Aviation aircraft in the past 14 days. When total time exceeds one hundred and fifty hours, currency then becomes 30 days.
- Licenced pilots and Permit holders must have completed a minimum 1.0 hour long Annual Check-out with one of our Instructors in the previous 12 months.
- Licenced pilots and Permit Holders must complete a flight that is at least 0.5 in duration in order to be current. Currency cards will only be updated at the completion of a flight of 0.5 or more of Hobbs time.
- Student Pilots must have flown either dual or solo in the past fourteen days, and authorization of this flight, must be made by an instructor of Academy of Aviation. Authorization of these flights, are also at the discretion of the instructor on duty, pending other variables (wind conditions, etc.)
- All PILOTS who do not meet the above requirements will be required to complete a currency check-out ride with an Academy of Aviation instructor. Duration of this flight for single engine pilots is at the discretion of the instructor on duty.